PPD® Laboratories was the first CRO to offer alternative resource solutions to address the staffing challenges brought on by the evolution of our clients’ pharmaceutical development needs. We continue to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach known as PPD® Laboratories FSP.
Our 20 years of FSP (functional service partnerships) experience has shown us that one size does not fit all. We create solutions to fit the particular needs of each project — from individual contributors for point-of-need situations to entire technical teams with PPD management structure.
PPD® Laboratories FSP:
- Leverages the experience of a dedicated pharmaceutical laboratory to create a seamless operation and reduce the need for client oversight of contracted staff
- Includes staff, instrumentation and infrastructure used exclusively on your programs
- Delivers highly skilled scientists, project team members, support staff and managers for all of our customers’ pharmaceutical development needs
- Increases productivity by reducing turnover and increasing engagement of contracted staff
- Simplifies communication with on-site troubleshooting handled face-to-face, in real time
We will work with you to design a FSP solution that meets your business goals and the unique needs of your program. Whether the need is individual contributors, an entire team of scientists, a satellite PPD lab within your facility or a dedicated lab at one of our campuses, you will get the same commitment to customer service and data quality.
Our innovative solutions include:
- Individual contributors working at your site
- Dedicated lab personnel and/or space located at one or more of our PPD Laboratories global locations
- Satellite lab — personnel, instrumentation and lab space — run by PPD Laboratories on or near your campus leveraging decades of PPD expertise in efficient, high-quality laboratory operations
- A mixture of PPD teams and client teams with space on our campus and yours
Our nontraditional lab personnel are full-time employees (FTEs) of PPD Laboratories, not temporary/contract hires. This approach ensures consistency through the course of your program, reduces turnover and increases staff commitment to delivering quality results. In addition, using FTEs eliminates issues associated with temporary staffing limitations.
For comprehensive FSP solutions that create either a satellite or dedicated lab/team, we provide personnel oversight, employee training/development and day-to-day team management designed to maintain our industry-leading reputation for high-quality data and regulatory compliance.
Explore our experience: